Community of Saints welcomes the participation of parents, grandparents, family members, and parish members in classroom and special activities.
Many classrooms welcome the talents of volunteers as classroom assistants. Our volunteers might be found making copies, putting up bulletin boards, checking out library books, reading or playing math games with small groups of children or even teaching a special activity for the whole class. These volunteers support the teachers in many ways.
Volunteers can also choose to help by fundraising, coaching sports teams, supervising children on field trips, in the lunchroom or on the playground, assisting with school pictures or hearing and vision screening.
Mandatory Requirements for Volunteers
Per Archdiocesan requirements, all volunteers working with children and/or vulnerable adults must complete the Essential 3. All three of these requirements will need to be updated every three years that you are volunteering.
The Essential 3 include:
1. Sign the Volunteer Code of Conduct
2. Complete a volunteer background check
3. Attend a Virtus training.
All records are kept online through a database administered by the Virtus organization.
You can register for: Virtus training, complete the background check and sign the code of conduct by following these steps:
1. Go to the website www.virtus.org
2. Click on the "First-Time Registrant" tab on the left side of the screen
3. Click on "View a list of sessions"
4. Choose "St. Paul and Minneapolis, MN"
5. A list will be generated of upcoming sessions in the area. Choose a class that works for you. Once you are ready to sign up, click the "Start Registration" button at the top of the page. You will then create a user ID and password and register for the class of your choice. You will also be able to complete the background check and sign the code of conduct via the Virtus website.
To update your required documents, please sign into virtus.org using your username and password. You will be prompted to complete various steps depending on when you last completed the required documents.
• If you forgot your username and password, click on "Forgot your Password?" underneath the login fields.
If you have any questions regarding Virtus training, please call, (888) 847-8870.
You can print out instructions for: