The Spring Edition of The Good News is now available. The Good News is a quarterly newsletter designed to reconnect with alums, share stories about former classmates and let our community know about the good things happening at Community of Saints Regional Catholic School today.
If you are not currently receiving the newsletter, please email Doug Lieser at email@example.com and we will gladly add you to the mailing list.
THE GOOD NEWS - SPRING 2022 (PDF Link)
- Reunions Are Back! Alums Reconnect & Remember
- Message from Father Steve – In this, my age of gratitude, I think of you; and I give thanks for you. Know that your support makes COS possible. Please continue to join me in the regular financial support of our students. The “powers that be” are arranging an opportunity for us to meet and greet in April (see pg 11). Know that I would be delighted to thank you personally for the gift you have been and continue to be to the students of Community of Saints.
- RMD Contributions Simplify Giving – A few years ago, Tom and Mary stopped writing checks and began using their Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) from their 401k to make contributions. “Financially it’s better for us,” explained Tom. “We don’t havr to take the RMD income. Instead, it goes directly to Community of Saints. It saves on taxes and allows us to give a little bit more money to charity.”
- 60-Year Reunion for St. Matt’s Class of ’61 – On September 18, 2021, classmates held their 60th reunion at Joseph’s Grill in St. Paul, but that’s not the only opportunity this group of alums has to see each other. For the past ﬁve years, the ’61 classmates have been meeting about every three months at Joseph’s Grill. “The day varies but it’s either for breakfast or lunch.” said Joe Mansur. “The numbers have been building — we get about 15-20 people who usually show up.”
- The Cover Up – As told by Tom Armstrong. "When he turned the knob, the door fell into the hallway and we both jumped out of the way. It was a big, heavy door and landed on the tile floor with a loud bam! All the classroom doors flew open and the next thing I saw was Sister Dominica coming towards us with several large 8th grade boys..."
- St. Matthew’s Class of 1972 Celebrates 50-Year Reunion – May 14, 2022, St. Matthew’s Social Hall, 5 p.m. following 4:15 p.m. Mass. See class photo.
- St. Mike’s Class of 1980 Reunion – September 25, 2022, Kaposia Park, South St. Paul
- St. Michael Class of 1972 – See class photo.
- Brady High School Class of ’71 Contributes to COS Tuition Assistance – 50-Year Reunion Includes Gift to Support Catholic Education
- St. John Vianney Class of 1972 – See class photo.
- COS Alum Returns as Student-Teacher – Gaby Sanchez Helps school get through Omicron surge.
- A&F&F Welcomes New Committee Members – Diane Perkovich Hanzal and Denise Hanzal Quinlan share passion for Catholic education.
- Join Us in April to Celebrate Fr. Steve Adrian’s 80th Birthday – Please help us honor Fr. Steve’s service to St. Matthew’s community and students at Community of Saints. There will be two opportunities to join the festivities: SATURDAY, APRIL 23 after 4:15 p.m. Mass in the back of St. Matthew’s Church. SUNDAY, APRIL 24 after 10:15 a.m. Mass (until 2:00 p.m.) in St. Matthew’s social hall.